Re: Which Clay for Fertilizer Balls

Thanks to all who offered input on my question about clay fertilizer
balls. The moist clay is definitely out. I spoke with someone from
Laguna Clay and while he didn't want to reveal the exact recipe for
moist clay, he did say that it is treated with an antibacterial
chemical of some kind. A good thing to know.

The brand of (Amaco) moist Mexican clay that I mentioned is out for
similiar reasons.

I finally found someone who would order the RedArt clay from Laguna
for me. Hard to believe, but there is no dry red clay of any kind
anywhere in my town. LOL, a 50 lb. sack should keep me up to my
eyeballs in clay balls for quite some time.

Now would anyone care to share their favorite clay ball recipe with
me? I'm thinking of using dry PMDD mix for them, but wondering about
how much to use.

Thanks!

JoAnn