Re: Amazon Sword

Bob, my Echinodorus "Ozelot" bloomed last year and I was able to separate
about a dozen "plantlets" from the flower spike. I planted a number of them
in an aquarium and also tried to grow a few of them in pots emersed. All of
the ones I placed underwater are doing fiine but none of the emersed ones
survived - they just dried up.

I wouldn't say that you _can't_ get Ozelot to grow emersed, maybe it just
needs a bit more humidity in the air than I was able to provide until the
plants gets established. It might be an idea to place the potted babies in
an empty aquarium with very damp peat moss around the pots and a close
fitting cover until they have established some size.

James Purchase
Toronto