Re: dubia

There is no problem with trimming this plant.  It
doesn't mind.  You can just cut the stem and replant
it.  No need to pull up the roots.  That's the only
way I know to propogate it.  Doesn't spread by runners
or anything.

The Baensch atlas 3 identifies this plant as
Zosterella dubia.  Other sources as Heteranthera
dubia.
I'm not sure which is correct.  Maybe I'll find a
botanist to ask.

It's a native plant.  I found it growing abundantly at
Presque Isle State Park bordering Lake Erie.

Cavan