Lobelia and Goldfish

Rob Sirota points out that his Lobelia cardinalis has never been bruised while in his tank and therefore he's not had
any problems with his fish. My concern is due to the certainty that goldfish will eat them occasionally, probably frequently.

Lobelia is a known poisonous plant. All parts of the plant are deemed toxic to people and pets. What I can't determine though,
is how fish are affected when they injest it and what is the first hand experience of someone who has kept goldfish specifically
with this plant.

Susan Romano

multipart/alternative
  text/html