Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1317

temperature even.

Seems to me the principal fault in this instance is the length of time their
bag was''floated''.
At least if it's going to take 40 minutes, open the bag and let it float.
The procedure should have been 10 minutes floating with bag closed, and then
acclimatization over another 20 minutes-half an hour.
Remember that plastic bags "breathe". Air enters into them from the side,
but by submersing them in water that facility is lost.
During those 20 mins to half an hour, take time to add small portions of
your tank water to the bag to aid pH acclimatization.

Tony.