Re: Hair algae

>You can remove as much of the
>hair algae as you can, then add a school of young Rosey Barbs.  American
>Flag fish work, too.  Both of these fish can behave badly.  Flag fish
>have been discussed at length on this list and the results are in the
>archive.

I've used American Flag Fish (Florida Flag Fish) against hair algae and saw
almost immediate results as they went after the hair algae.  I keep them in
a very mixed population of guppies, mollies and such in a well planted
aquarium.  I never saw a problem.  I really can't help but feel that the
hype of them being fin nippers was a little overblown.  I got my Flagfish
from floridadriftwood.com

I've kept rosy barbs too, but have seen little personal evidence that they
care for hair algae.  Just my opinion.