Re: red tendrils on Myriophyllum

       From: Cavan <millsman7 at yahoo_com>
       Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a weird one.  I had some cuttings of
Myriophyllum mattogrossense that I left floating until
I decided to do with them because of my bacterial
slime problem (most plants unaffected).  I was
thrwoing them out later when I noticed that one had a
bunch of reddish violet tendrils growing out of it.
Long, thin, and unbranched.  What are they?

My guess is that they are roots.  Most roots are white, but perhaps in this
Myriophyllum they can be colored.

Paul Krombholz, in central Mississippi, with a downright chilly air mass.