Re:Kasselmann

Roger S. Miller wrote:
>It would be faster and more rewarding to buy a German-language copy and
>learn to read the original.

I got myself a German dictionary and Grammar book and pretty much did that
with Aquarienpflanzen.  The two semesters of German I had about a hundred
years ago in college helped a little bit, but not very much.  Learning
another language is hard!  I have the greatest respect and admiration for
all those Europeans and Asians who have become so proficient in English.  I
am sure that English is absolutely horrible to learn as a second language.

Since Amazon---in the middle of September--- still says that the book will
be available in August, I decided to order the book from Krieger, the
actual publisher, and I got an acknoledgement from them which said the book
would be available next March.

This book will not be a translation of Aquarienpflanzen, rather, a new
edition with more plants, more pictures, and revised text.
Aquarienpflanzen, published by Eugen Ulmer GmbH & Co., was done with
meticulous attention to quality and detail.  The quality of pictures in the
best I have seen in any book.  Let us be optimistic and hope that the
delays are because Krieger is being equally meticulous.

Paul Krombholz, in central Mississippi, with pleasant, cool, September
weather.