discus buffer?

I was looking at Seachem's site a bit more and read a
bit about the discus buffer.  It also has phosphates.
I have very high lighting and pressurized co2.  I'm
guessing that the amount I would add would be so small
that it wouldn't have much effect on hardness and so
on.  What would be the correct amount to try adding if
I also have to dose kno3?  I have Eusteralis and
inclinata growing alright, but rather slowly (in
addition to being covered by the grey slime strands
from hell).

Thanks, Cavan