Re: Dechlorinators

My local utility board is testing a new method of disinfecting our water supply. In the past, the chemical of choice was straight chlorine (no chloramine). I rarely ever have to use a dechlorinator when I do water changes (no ill effects yet). In addition to the chlorine, they are going to start adding chlorine dioxide to the treatment process. Since I am not chemistry inclined, is this something I should be concerned about? Here is a link to the information about our new proposed water treatment process: http://www.kub.org/120375/Home/press_releases/aug2801.pdf

Thanks,

Shawn Shofner
sshofner at graffiti_net
msshofner at pstcc_cc.tn.us