Turquoise in your tank...

Hi all,

Has anyone else had seen or heard of turquoise (just like what you have in jewelry) used in a planted tank? I have seen it a couple of times used in hospital tanks. Now I have seen it a couple of times in planted tanks. The theory is that the copper compounds from the turquoise keeps the tank healthy and regular waters changes keeps the copper low enough not to harm the plants or fish. Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this before.

James Watford
Columbia, SC