Re: Aim point?

> Other than Allgayer & Teton, Tom is the only reference I have which would
> indicate that this level of Iron is beneficial. Given his enthusiasm for his
> approach, and his obvious success with it, I am not prepared to dismiss it
> out of hand. But I think that there is more to it than JUST an elevated iron
> level. He has found a "sweet spot" in his own tanks which works for him.
> Every aquatic gardener who hopes to achieve long term success has to find
> their own "sweet spot" based on their own conditions and expectations.

I've found a sweet spot in a number of different methods, not just this one.
There 's a range of parameters that can get anyone to this so called sweet
spot.
> I would love for Tom to say where he got the "aim point" - was it based upon
> Claus Christensen's suggestions or upon some research paper he may have
> read.

Aim point? Hehehehehe:) I had never spoke or met Claus before he came to SF.
I had just been doing it for years and years and it worked, plant were
happy. No research, just lots of observations. Funny thing is, some (not
all) research supports what I've been doing all along. I had no knowledge of
it till after the fact......everyone else was using far less than I.
They claimed one thing and I saw and had another. Something else must be
going on here. PO4 was the same thing.

Folks will have a much easier and simpler time if they get two things done
well. CO2 and the macro nutrients in a good range. You can pick P or N as
the "one to watch" and come out decent. I like N. You deal with this well
and the traces at higher levels work well. You have issues with NO3 and PO4
and K well, your going to have some issue.
The high levels of Traces work well in lower lighting actually which I found
surprising, but these are well planted tanks also that are doing well/have
good CO2/macro's. Plant tanks are not that sensitive if the CO2/macro's are
taken care of.
Regards,
Tom Barr