re: Caridinia japonica--escape artists? and breeding?

Yamato shrimp escaping? I've never heard of this before! How odd. I keep a
fleet of these things in all of my planted
aquaria and have never once noticed them escape, stuck in a filter or
outside the aquarium somehow. I've been reading
up on breeding this species but evidently, it's impossible becuase you have
to simulate a river delta (turns to brackish
water) in your aquarium. I find this really strange because mine reproduce
all the time! So, the larvae survive in the
water, and somehow the small baby shrimp don't get eaten? Some of their
tankmates in various aquariums I have are tetras
rummy nose, pristella, penguin, emperor, flame), oto's, betta, gourami's,
loaches, white cloud mountain minnows, killifish...
all sorts of hungry fish that would love to chow down on a tasty treat like
a small shrimp or something. Yet, their numbers
increase.
What's up with that? To the best of my knowledge, shrimp reproducing on
their own in an aquarium is rare/unheard of? I have
RO water and I'm a bit of a fascist when it comes to water changes &
quality, but other than keeping things really clean, I
have done nothing to encourage my shrimp fleet to grow.

Has anyone else heard of these things breeding?