Re:hot PCF

I have Customsealife Brightlight strip lights and mine are not hot nor is
the glass they sit over.
I also have All Glass regular F, double bulb as well as All Glass PCF's. The
double bulb reg. F are definitely not hot. The PC's are installed in the
same housing as used for double bulb, reg. F . The ballast is enclosed on
the top between housing and reflector. The area over the ballast does not
feel hot but the glass tank covers under the light is always hot to touch.
They are hot enough that I wondered if is risk of breaking glass and guess
what? I just moved the All Glass  PCF on new tank I set up yesterday to
discover the glass tank cover under the 2-55 w fixture to be cracked, which
I believe was caused by the heat.
June