No Subject

Grrr....

I don't want to micro-manage anything, that's the point here. I want to dose
N and K in a roughly correct ratio, measure N, and then adjust it from
there. I don't want to buy a test kit for K because they cost too much and
aren't readily available. I just want to measure N, and adjust it downward
as needed in response to the "other inputs". As it stands now, I'm adding K
without any real feel for where it stands, hoping that the "too much is
okay" theory holds up. This isn't all that complicated. If I don't get a
reasonable answer, the fish die at noon..........

Tom

Tom Wood asked (for the 2nd time...)
"All I really want to know is: At what ratio should KNO3 and K2SO4 be dosed,
roughly, by weight, discounting all other inputs to the tank?"

As Roger Miller told you - you can't discount all other inputs and get any
meaningful number or ratios.

If you want to micromanage your nutrient levels to the extent that you are
starting to worry about ratios of one element to another, reconcile yourself
to the fact that you have to consider all of the inputs, all of the outputs,
all of the variables and all of the math. There just isn't a single simple
answer to your question.

James Purchase
Toronto