(no subject)

<< How do others do it? How do you clean the sponge? >>

A little late with this but...

I turn off the filter, remove funky sponge from prefilter and toss into 1 gal
bucket of water, squeeze and release submerged sponge repeatedly until
relatively clean, then rinse the mostly clean sponge in the sink until water
runs clear.

You could just substitute a toilet for all the above. :)

I don't bleach because that may destroy microbes.

Use sponge to rasp spot algae off glass and then return to prefilter.

Bob Olesen
West Palm Beach