Re: Re: Dwarf Lobelias (NOT cardinalis)

James,

Thank you very much for the helpful link! All the information you provided
was confirmed on the back of the seed packet (which I didn't have on hand
when I wrote the original message). IF I can manage to germinate these
seeds, I will indeed carry out my little experiment. I'm even considering
uprooting some attractive weeds from my mother-in-law's backyard to see if
I can transition them for submersed growth... Should be interesting, at least.

I was doing some more research on lobelias, and it seems that the flowers
and leaves can be quite deadly to humans if consumed. I wonder if maybe the
toxins cease to be produced if grown submersed, or maybe fish and aquatic
invertebrates are simply unaffected?

Thanks again. If I have any luck (which seems unlikely), I will certainly
come back with results.

-Naomi