From: Dave Kotschi <dkotschi at mindspring_com>
Subject: Metal Halide Lights

I'm toying with the idea of putting metal halides over my 90 gallon
tank.  I'd use an enclosed hood but I can't decide how many bulbs to
use.  If I center one 175 watt bulb, I'm afraid the tank's center plastic
brace will either cause a shadow or melt.  But a 175 on each end seems to
be way too much light.  I don't want to use hanging fittings because of the
stray light  issue.  Any ideas?