Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1250

I may not have been clear on my moss roundup.  What I was trying to say was
that I have found what appear to be three (3) completely different aquatic
mosses, and I was trying to give sources for those that wanted to
check/test.

1 - Java Moss (Vesicularia dubyana) - I have found this locally, and from AZ
Gardens...it is more thread like than the others, and tends to be a medium
green in my tanks

2 - Willow Moss (Fontinalis antiprecia) - I got this on aquabid, and it is
darkest of the three, stiffer in the fronds, and seems to grow in a fan
shape

3 - Christmas Moss (name unknown) - I got this from LKL, and I also got what
appears to be the same thing from aquaticplantdepot.com, but they are
selling it as Vesicularia dubyana...the pictures look more like V. dubyana,
but what I actually got looks too close to christmas moss for me to tell the
difference, so I was suggesting that when LKL's supply runs thin, this is
where we can turn for it.

I have had the Christmas moss and Java moss for long enough to see how they
grow, and they are definitely different.  I have just gotten the
aquaticplantdepot.com "java moss" so maybe when it settles in it will turn
out to look more like v. dubyana, but right now, fresh out of the box, it
looks just like christmas moss.

Cameron

p.s.  has anyone else noticed that www.vectrapoint.com is back?  it closed
before I ever got to see it, but it is there today :)