Differentiating Christmas from Java

>Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:50:18 -0700
>From: "Robert H" <robertpaulh at earthlink_net>
>Subject: Re:moss

>I got some "christmas tree moss" from Loh as well, and it looks just like
>the java moss I sell.

I know you don't mean it but saying something like that would give
people the impression that I have fooled them into believing that
what they got from me was actually Java moss instead of Christmas.
If I had been in this for the money, I might have initiated a lawsuit :)

One way to differentiate Christmas from Java would be to look for spores.
I'm not sure if that is what they are called but I'm referring to the little
brown stalks with something like a bud at the end of it.  It looks like a
comma. Christmas moss will usually have some such spores but I have
never seen them on Java.  Christmas moss grown emmersed
will produce many spores.  For a picture, please click on:

http://www.geocities.com/aironfire/bigpicemmersedriccia.htm

I just like to assure all those folks who received the moss from me that
what you
got is genuine Christmas Moss.  There may be a strand or two of Java Moss mixed
up with the bunch I sent you but you can be sure that what you got is
mostly Christmas.

No wonder he never bother to let me know when he received the moss from me.
He thought it was Java.  Sheesh.

Loh K L