Re: puffers

> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:33:59 -0700
> From: Dave Gomberg <gomberg at wcf_com>
> Subject: FW Puffers
>
> The guy who maintains the huge planted tank at Barnes and Noble in
> Baltimore is having trouble with "pond"? snails eating his foliage.  He
> would like to try controlling them with Amazon puffers (Columnus
> punctatus?) since it is an SA habitat tank.  Does anyone know of a source
> for these critters?   Are they as hard on snails as other puffers?

Not really. Those figure 8's are great though. I had them in that 90 gallon
tank for a few years(4). They like brine and worms the most. Snails where
picked at but truthfully they  did not do too much snail damage IM0. I've
kept them on and off for 15 or so years. Certainly a favorite fish and nice
to other fish also.
Regards,
Tom Barr