Re: Anyone experimenting with LED lighting?

Hi,

Here is an e-mail that I received from Dana Riddle (he is a lighting expert
for marine aquariums but he has had some articles on planted tanks in FAMA
last year):

----------
Victor,
Yes, I've done some work with LEDs.   Delta Lite provided two hand-built
prototypes a few months ago and I used a spectroradiometer and PAR meter to
evaluate them.   They produce a workable spectrum, good intensity (350
µMols) and, as you noted, are very efficient (light production actually
drops as the lamps warm up and get about 77-78° F).   Too bad they're so
expensive...
Dana

Cheers,
Victor