Re: mulm-do I have to vacuum?

Hey, I just noticed that some people vacuum their planted tanks with every
water change.  I have not vacuumed my tanks in a year or so and I don't see
any bad things happening.  I still do big water changes every week, I just
don't vacuum the gravel.  This is partly because I do not see how to do this
without ripping up my plants roots.  The tank is planted very thickly.
Everything is growing great, do I have to vacuum?  Thanks, Teresa