Plant Problems

Recently several of my plants have been doing things that have gotten me
confused.  A couple of my plants including the valisneria and the hygrophila
difformis have producing new leaves that are white.  The val leaves are
almost completely white, while the hygro has white patches on the new green
leaves.  The reason that this is confusing is that I fertilize with both a
trace element mix as well as an iron supplement.  My two echinodorus bleheri
plants are dark green, but the new leaves are kind of difformed and curled a
little, but still just as large as the others. I just can't figure out what
i'm doing wrong.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike.