Anyone experimenting with LED lighting?

So is anyone experimenting with LED's (light emitting diodes)?

Pros: Low power usage, low heat and long bulb life (100K hours)

Cons: Expensive & lots of LED's required to make sufficient light.

Seems like an interesting idea if it works.

I was going to attempt to make a small lighting array but I can't find the
instructions to make them anymore.  I remember reading a thread (in either
reefcentral or reefs.org) about using LED's to light a tank but I can't
seem to find the thread and the website that was on it seem to be down for
the last week.

I was thinking of buying a 144 LED array (with super bright white LEDs,
which are full spectrum 6500K) that the manufacturer says is equal to 150
watts of light but it costs $200 (it may pay off really quick though
because it will last 22 years of 12hr usage and the lower power consumption
about 1/10th of conventional lights).

Cheers,
Victor	Eng					Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
engfam at axion_net