Re: Monster Hair Algae

William,
IME I have had SAEs eat hair algae, but that is after I don't feed the tank
for a few days. They will take an easy flake or frozen meal over algae, any
day.

One fish I have that eats the stuff like crazy is the Florida Flag Fish
(sorry-don't know  the Latin name). One caveat, however, is that some of
these guys are mean. I had to pull three from my 65 gallon because they were
abusing the other fish. Another three in my 125 are as peaceful as the day is
long. These guys definitely have their own personalities.
Dave