More MH lighting questions....

Thanks for the replys....(Thomas Barr,Bill Wichers)

I should mention that this puppy is in the living room.....2X250W MH might
make the living room appear like a hockey rink..(appropiate being a
Canuck..)
(the police will probably drop by....."ah, what's all this then ...growing
aquatic plants are we???)
Since I just got married and would like stay that way.... what is the light
spill like????
Ballast roasting...I presume the ballast just dies...a function of heat??

Noise is a issue, I found with a overflow skimmer, wet/dry, air pump and a
Iwaki pump to be a bit noisy...
When the Iwaki pump blew, I ran the tank on two powerheads with sponges
attached. This setup was silent but the skimmer/pump was much more efficient
removing debris, etc.

Bill Lynn