Dollar Store madness

I'm probably the last person on the planet to have discovered the "joys" of
Dollar Store shopping - perhaps it was this afternoon's heat and humidity
that finally forced me into the air conditioned comfort. Anyway, while
squeezing through the incredibly narrow aisles, I saw something that would
be perfect for aquatic gardeners who have open topped tanks and who would
like to try growing some plants half in / half out of their tanks.

The "finds" were originally designed for use in a shower stall, to hold such
things as soaps and shampoo bottles. They are clear, see-through plastic,
are perforated along the side and bottom and come complete with 2 clear
plastic suction cups. They come in various sizes, I got a couple 6.5" x 2.5"
x 2.5" and 5" x 2.5" x 3.5" for under $1.50 each.

They appear to be just the ticket to use to grow Pothos, Ivy's, etc. along
the edge of your tank, with the roots in the water. A handfull of gravel or
some marbles would easily fit inside, to anchor the cuttings until they grow
roots.

In case you have a Dollar Store in your neighbourhood (and these days, who
doesn't) - look for them in the bathroom section. The ones I gought are
called "Bath Time", made in China and imported into Canada by Encore Sales
in Concord, Ont.

James Purchase
Toronto