Re: algae and Excel

I had the same experience adding excel to a stable planted tank that didn't have any supplementary carbon source before adding the excel.

But I have to wonder if micro/macronutrient supplementing would have made a difference for me in preventing the algae outbreak (green hair and diatomic algae). Wouldn't an algae outbreak have occured if I'd instead injected CO2 instead of adding excel?

-- Stephen

[snip]