Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1216

> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:25:01 -0600
> From: jmarella at home_com
> Subject: Please Read: New Idea For Defense Fund
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've created a sort of clearing house for those interested in selling
> items to benefit the defense fund. I thought it would be a great idea
> to have a web site dedicated to the fundraising aspect of this
> lawsuit. I think you'll all be pleasantly surprized at how it turned
> out.

I would be happy to print a news type story in TAG about what happened along
with information on how to contribute.  Someone should send me an account of
exactly what happened and why the defense fund is needed.  The next issue of
TAG has gone to press, and the following issue will be out in September.  I
would need the article by Sept. 5th.

By the way, thank you to all who responded to my inquiry as to who had
received their first issue of TAG for the year.  The problem was not as bad
as expected.  As it turned out, according to the information I have received
to date, only theAGA Management Committee members minus one person didn't
receive their last TAG plus 2 other people.  We will be sending out extra
copies to people who didn't get their magazine on a first come, first serve
basis.  If we run out, we will extend your subscription a month.  So, if you
haven't recived your Jan. - March issue for 2001, please e-mail me
individually.  I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Mary McCaw, TAG editor