Re: microworms

In a message dated 8/13/01 4:30:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com writes:

<< I have found it useful to collect microworms from the culture with wet
 paper strips that I stick to the walls of the culture.  The microworms
 climb up on the paper much more readily than they will climb up the bare
 walls.  I pull off the strips, dangle them in a cup of water, and the
 microworms all fall off into the water and settle out.  They can then be
 sucked up with an eyedropper and put in the aquarium.  You can get a lot
 more microworms out of a culture using the wet paper strips.

This is an interesting tip which I will try, but I was just wondering why you
don't just dip the strip directly into the aquarium?  I always scrape the
side with a little paintbrush handle, and then just dip this into the water
-- am I unknowingly exposing my fish to bacteria or anything like that?
Thanks,
Catherine