Re: Turface

Arthur, I don't know if Turface is any denser (heavier) than Shultz Clay
Soil Conditioner (a variant of Profile) but unless it IS, the light weight
of the stuff makes it less than idea for a sole substrate component. I have
a couple of 15 gallon tanks set up using the Shultz product and I find that
even the current caused by small AquaClear power filters is enough to move
the substrate around the tank. It can also be a pain to keep some plants IN
the substrate, they just tend to pull out of it (bouyancy). It definately
needs to be mixed with a denser material.

James Purchase
Toronto