Tank ventilation?

I keep the glass cover on my corner tank with MH.  Leave off the big
triangle plastic part on back.  The glass helps protect my enclosed wooden
hood from excessive moisture and prevents splashes to my exposed bulb.  I
like having part of it uncovered in case there was ever a CO2 accident.  Gas
wouldn't be trapped, it would get into the top of the hood which is pretty
tall and the fan would, in theory, shoot it right out the top. That
shouldn't happen since I have both a needle valve and controller but if
something can go wrong with my stuff, it always does!

Daphne