Re: eheim question

>Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Lazarus Miskowski <lazmiskowski at yahoo_com>
>Subject: Re: eheim question

>Thanks for the suggestions Scott.

>Last night I was doing a water change, and turned off
>a hang-on back filter on a 25gal tank. When I plugged
>it back in later, nothing happened. I took the thing
>apart, and cleaned the magnet, etc, back to normal.
>Then "Doh! Do the same to the Eheim!" came to mind. I
>just did it, and I have seen moderate improvement in
>flow. But still now what it should be. I think
>you're right--I need to replace those parts.

>Arthur
>http://www.geocities.com/anwestover

Arthur,

You failed to mention how old the unit is. Before you start wasting money
on replacing parts, clean the insides of your hoses with a tubing brush. I
rigged my own long hose brush by attaching a piece of #10 gauge solid
copper wire to the end of the large brush in my Eheim filter brush kit.
PetWarehouse.com has these for cheap here:
http://www.petwarehouse.com/webstore/webstore.nsf/(id)/D882?OpenDocument
The filter hoses are very often overlooked when doing our filter
maintenance, and you would be surprised by how much gunk can collect and
adhere to the insides of your hoses. Depending on how much has
accumulated, this gunk can and will impede the flow coming out of your
filter, sometimes in a very significant way. It's worth a try, and it
should be done periodically anyways. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shawn Michael Shofner
sshofner at graffiti_net