re: Eheim and Hot Magnum

A few wrote essentially the following: "I think Eheim's current pricing
is dirt cheap vs. the quality you get"

I also believe this is true.  The Pet (No S) Warehouse price for the
2026 is just slightly more than half the real retail price of $220.
Now, many discount stores sell them for less than the retail tag price,
but I have never seen them this deeply discounted.

As for dirt cheap vs quality, the argument does become harder to press
when the price is $220.  But the Eheim, even at that price, if measured
over the useful life of the item will probably still be a better total
value than the Marineland or Fluval equipment.  But who pays retail
anymore?

Scott H.