Re: Questions About Web Space

This seems a little off-topic, but I'll bet alot of folks are
wondering where they could host a web site or aquarium photos, so
here goes:

I can't vouch for the reliability, but I believe that freeservers.com
still provides free web space. The downside is that they require you
to display advertising banners. At one time, I had a web site there
and found occassional problems with the servers slowing down.
Overall, it was just "ok" since it was free. Like anything else, I
suppose you get what you pay for, but it's not a bad option at the
price.

If you're looking for paid hosting, I can't say enough good things
about futurequest.net. I've got three domains hosted there now and
have never had a problem in almost two years. I don't work for them,
but like any other service, if it's great I will mention it.

There are probably still a few services that do nothing but host
photos for free, but I can't think of one off-hand. Usually there's a
catch in the form of advertising. It seems like the number of those
services has decreased over the past few years.

Anyway, my two cents for what it's worth.

JoAnn