Ehaim Pro Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1203

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:48:06 -0400 (EDT), Scott <zerelli at yahoo_com> wrote:

>Holy cow those are expenxive! What do they do that
>makes them worth so much, partial water changes?
>Seriously though, for a third as much I will take
>H.O.T. Magnums any day.

Why would anyone buy a car that costs twice as much (or more) than the next car?
The same types of questions can be asked about many different products.  Eheim
is as solid as filters come.  All features and bells and whistles aside, they
will last forever (and a day), they're easy to service, simple design and
extremely quiet.  I would pay that price to get a product that is that much
superior to any of its competition.  At the current price, they're still a far
better value than any Magnum or Fluval at half, or less, the cost.

Now if you want to see the price go up, take a look at the models with
integrated heating.  I have one of the original Pros with heater.  Very nice
unit.

Bruno