RE: : "Aquarium Plants" (Kasselmann's book)

I am always interested in a good plant book and have been following this
thread about a translation of this German (?) book.  When I saw the post
below I went to Barnes & Noble to check it out.  I no longer use Amazon due
to a problem I had with them last year.  They really messed up shipment on a
toy order - my parents' gift for my son's birthday.  Last year was
especially important to me because my mom has dementia and we all knew last
year was going to be it for her and my kids' birthdays.  What really irked
me was that they didn't seem to want to do anything to try to get it here on
time when they could have - as I recall, it took them almost 4 days to ship
.  It was in a warehouse when I ordered it (by phone because of the
urgency), all they had to do was put it in a box and ship it.  In my
repeated calls over the next several days to find out where the order was
they admitted the shipping problem was their fault.  But the final straw for
me was that they didn't seem to care about it enough to do anything about
it.  Funny thing is my cousin is a buyer for their music department.  Sorry
I got off topic, but it still makes me mad when I think about it.

Anyway, Barnes & Noble did not show the new book with a title search (first
results below) but some interesting info about the book came up (second
results below) when I plugged in the ISBN number I got off Amazon's site.
Note the publishing date of 1999 ???  BTW, they are out of stock and
recommended checking their dealer network (used books I think) - none of
whom show stock either.

Title Search:
Aquarienpflanzen (Aquarium Plants)
C. Kasselmann
Format: Hardcover
ISBN: 3800172984
Publisher: Balogh Scientific Books
Pub. Date: January  1995

ISBN Search:
Aquarium Plants
Christel Kasselmann  van Rroosdil Andre S. J. (Translator)  Ulf Kotlenga
(Translator)
Format: Hardcover
ISBN: 1575240912
Publisher: Krieger Publishing Company
Pub. Date: May  1999

I found Krieger Publishing on the web (http://krieger-publishing.com) and a
search of their site yielded the book at
(http://www.web4u.com/cgi-bin/full_page?1-57524-091-2).  The price has not
set but the site indicates it can be ordered.  However continuing with the
order results in an order form with a $0.00 price (I guess it is on sale)
and $6.00 freight.  The description from their website follows:

This book describes the general demands of temperature, water, nourishment,
and light for more than 300 aquarium plants. It covers the pros and cons of
different lamp types, colors of light, montage, and offers comprehensive
advice on how to choose the right plants for an aquarium. Ecological
factors, the biology and morphology of flowers, and generative and
vegetative reproduction are also discussed. The book contains 525 color
photographs with nearly all plants depicted with full-grown submerged
leaves. Numerous photos of rare plants are published for the first time in
this book. Botanists as well as professional and amateur aquarium keepers
will find this book indispensable. Translated by Ulf Kotlenga and Andre'
S.J. van Proosdij.

Thanks for the tip on what appears to be a good book.

Charles