"Radican" and power brown/black-outs

> From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
> Subject: Not really a radican
>
> Alisma plantago aquatica.
>Have you positively identified this plant as this? I recently collected some
>plants from a local lake as well, and they look very much like what you have.
>I also thought they were E. Cordifolius, but not really sure. Were the
>flowers white?

James Langhammer identified it as Alisma. He's a botanst by profession
and a fish guy. If he says that's what it is that's good enough for me.

>"The electricity in my apartment building can be erratic at times with power
>failures lasting 1 to 5 minutes not uncommon, so I fear trying metal halides
>would result in a disaster.  The two next best options seem to be either 4
>96-watt power compacts or 4 110-watt Icecap VHO's.   Does anybody have any
>thoughts, suggestions or experiences on which option(s) might be the better
>way to go?"

Get an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) from a computer store. $100
wil buy you about 5 minutes, twice that gets you about an hour.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://killifish.vrx.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://www.vrx.net