Re: Relationship between BGA and bulbs?

At 15.48 04/08/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Now my conclusions:  Did my tritons need changing?  I never had BGA for
>the first year of the bulbs' life.  Do tritons contribute to BGA?    Is
>BGA a sign to change your bulbs?

I don't know about the Triton, surely a lamp bulb at the end of its life
period changes in its spectrum emissions, but I cannot know if it
correlated with BGA.
IMHO all the times I had BGA in the tank was due to the fact NO3 was (PRIOR
that BGA appears) too low as N source to keep plant's growth as the same
speed as before. Adding NO3 has always been the right solution.. and in a
few days BGA disappeared.

I hope this can help.

Best Wishes,
Luca