New shoots from dying plants

Some of my Toninas, and Eriocauraceae sp's were almost completely melted
after I've changed replaced the substrate by ADA Amazonia. Recently, things
gets better, all of them are sending out new shoots, but some have so many
new shoots that make me think something is wrong. Take Tonina fluviatilis
for example, there are average 3 new shoots in one inch length of the whole
stalk.

Does very bushy growth points of new shoots indicate any problem?

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth