Re: Water Quality

>Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 08:35:25 EDT
>From: IbeToto at aol_com
>For those that want to check the water quality in their area, try this web
>site. It covers most of the major cities around the world.
>http://www.awwa.org/utility.cfm

Larry!  Thanks, man, that put me onto a full analysis of my tap water
within seconds.  Just as I thought, it contains *nothing* of value to
plants, eg. the iron guideline here is 0.3mg/l but actual content is
<0.02mg/l; sodium 300mg/l but contains 11mg/l and so on.

Calcium is shown as 6.8mg/l - what level is normally considered
beneficial to plants?

Also, with such a low mineral content, why is pH swinging between 7.2
and 8.5?  What causes higher pH with very soft water?

Cheers
 Charlie

Charlie Lear
Melbourne, Australia