Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1187

Pond snails-
They ate some of my plants. But not as bad as the large ramshorn.

Keeping snails in check-
The nice thing about the apple (mystery) snail (pomacea bridgesi) is that
they lay their eggs _above_ the water line. You simply leave about 1.5" of
tank above the water line and they lay their eggs there. When you have too
large a population you remove them before they hatch.
--
Augustine Rodriguez
Rice Lake, WI USA