Re: Various ways of adding calcium to the tank

> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:01:36 EDT
> From: CDELAHUNT at aol_com
>
> Many moons ago there was some discussion on various ways to administer
> calcium -- I'd like to hear they way you do it in your tank and why (cost,
> ease, effectiveness, etc.)

I put a few oyster shells in the filter box, where the manufacturer
intended the filter media to go.  I don't use any filtration, I bubble
CO2 into the uptake tube from a DIY pressurized CO2 system, and the
little filter mostly just provides circulation.  The dissolved CO2
attacks the oyster shells and *slowly* dissolves them.

Best regards,
Bob <--- what a cheapskate!