RE: Planting Plants

> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:51:24 -0700
> From: jgarden2000 at juno_com
> Subject: Re: Re: planting plants
>
> I'll think about the washers but the tank is in our living room and other
> family members voice their opinion on the tank's appearance. :-) The
> tweezers sound good. I see how they would work on bunch plants, but I
> have trouble seeing how you you would use them for rooted plants (Swords,
> Anubias, Cryptocorynes, etc.). The roots are already spread out, and seem
> that they would be hard to grasp with the tweezers. Still, they are among
> the easier to "hand-plant" anyway, so...

An easy way to plant a large rooted specimen isto trim the roots down
about half length, take the remaining roots and wrap them around the
base of the plant.  This forms a nice compact tip that can be easily
stuck into the substrate with your finger tip.  I've done it lots of
time with large amazons, crypts, etc.  Don't worry about the roots, they
always spread back out.

--
Nick Wise
nwwise01 at netzero_net