Re: rocks

>>Lava rock     -- might be awfully jagged but otherwise it should be fine
unless it has a whitish calcite coating on it.  Here I  like the cobbles and
pebbles that have...<<

I presume they have the same type of lava rock common in every LFS, very
porous, very light weight, and usually red. You can also get the exact same
thing as landscape rock. Never seen this type of rock jagged to any extent,
feather weight..you know what I am talking about Roger? I dont know if it is
dyed red or natural. Looks more like a natural sponge than anything else to
me...except its dark red.

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com