Latest plant ban in California

.The WEBmaster for the Calif state dept of agri on my request emailed me
this years banned plant list for the state. I have a copy of their actual
internal document that says it is unofficial-not for distribution. Its not
official yet and hasnt been announced. This list is unbelievable. It really
does include virtually every plant. About the only large genus not included
is Cryptocorynes, which may be next if they listen to studies in Florida and
Texas. I can email this document to anyone who wants it. here is the list:

Aponogeton
Ludwigia
Myriophyllum
Limnophila
Hygrophila except corymbosa
Nomaphila
Alternanthera
Bacopa
Ceratopteris thalictroides
Cabomba
Egeria majus
Saururus
Nymphaea
Salvinia
Echinodorus (except berteroi)
Eleocharis vivipara
Gymnocoronis
Heteranthera (except the species already in CA,
Marsilea
Cardamine lyrata
Microsorium
Nuphar
Potamogeton
Riccia (a non-vascular plant)
Rotala,
Sagittaria
Vallisneria
Vesicularia (a moss).

This is an exact quote from the document they sent me. If you live in CA you
better take this seriously!
This is the arm of the CDA who does the actual testing and decides what will
be Q rated.

G. Frederic Hrusa, Ph.D., Senior Plant Systematist
Botany Laboratory, Herbarium CDA
Plant Pest Diagnostics Branch
Division of Plant Health & Pest Prevention Services
(916) 262-1143

According to the CDA, anyone possessing a restricted plant is breaking the
law and subject to fine. However the CDA admitted to me that it is
unenforceable to the public, but is enforceable to anyone shipping plants
into the state.

Oregon is looking better all the time! Anyone wanting a copy of the actual
six page document, please email me.

Robert Paul H
http://www.aquabotanic.com