RE: Excess Nutrients

Mike
For a really good nutrient removal plant I don't think
you can beat floating Cerotopteris (Water Sprite is
its common name, I think).
Because it has access to atmospheric CO2 it is not
limited for carbon and yet does not deplete your tanks
supply. An additional bonus is that with its roots in
the water column it will only strip nutrients from the
water and not from the substrate where I presume most
of your slow growers are feeding from.
One possible drawback is the shading you will get from
the huge plants that will quickly grow, but a machete
and a large compost bin should take care of that.

Regards
Dave Morris
Christchurch
New Zealand