Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1158

Stargrass and E. diersilfolia is the closest thing I've seen yet. But that's
even questionable.
So the answer if you do regular water changes is no. If you suspect it
simply do more water changes and rebuild your nutrient back up to good
levels afterwards.
Regards,
Tom Barr

> Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:23:53 EDT
> From: Jcwheel76 at aol_com
> Subject: Allelopathy
>
> Is allelopathy a real concern in our tanks? I was reading one of our trusted
> tomes this morning, and I came on a large section about allelopathic chemicals
> and how different plants are toxic to each other as a defense mechanism.....
>
> I checked the archives and krib, and found almost as many posts that poo-pooed
> as well as agree with these findings.

Show me one that is a fact and I'll keep them together to prove it wrong. I
likely have already:)

> I'm sure that there is much validity to this stuff, but is there any reason
> why I shouldn't plant Vals and Sags in the same tank (just for example)?

No!
Regards,
Tom Barr