Allelopathy

Is allelopathy a real concern in our tanks? I was reading one of our trusted tomes this morning, and I came on a large section about allelopathic chemicals and how different plants are toxic to each other as a defense mechanism.....

I checked the archives and krib, and found almost as many posts that poo-pooed as well as agree with these findings.

I'm sure that there is much validity to this stuff, but is there any reason why I shouldn't plant Vals and Sags in the same tank (just for example)?

Experiences?,
John Wheeler